Tuesday, April 5, 2011

C4K Summary #3

C4K #7
McClung's World


Mr. McClung's Blog

My reply:
Mr. McClung, I am a student in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 Class at the University of South Alabama, in Mobile, AL. I was assigned to watch the Talent Show video, 9th Grader performs a hip-hop routine. I thought this person did an excellent job of displaying balance, coordination, and creativity into a minute. Although the practice takes days, maybe even months, it all comes down to when you are in front of the audience and I think this audience loved her. Whether your talent is singing, dancing, sports, etc., do what you love! I enjoy watching people dance because everyone's dancing style is unique, yet interesting.
Thanks for the post!

C4K #8
Lucas from Ms.Pike's Class

Lucas' post:
Term one

Term one is coming to an end

So no more giving my food to lend

Im quite sad

Im not being bad



Least there’s no homework

For me to do me work

And theres no maths

And no confusing paths



So on term 2

I’ll be back to

Do more work

And to lurk
Posted by lucas on March 31st, 2011 at 7:49 pm

My reply:
Lucas, I am a student in Dr. Strange’s EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama. I really enjoyed reading your poem. I’m happy that you’re almost done with term one. Homework is hard, but it helps you learn a lot. And math isn’t my best subject either. I hope you write more poems like this one. Good job!

C4K #9
For this post, we were assigned to thoroughly review Ms.Yollis' Class Blog.

Mrs. Yollis is a very experienced teacher. She has been teaching for over twenty years. She is currently teaching third graders, who love to blog. I admire what she says about working with parents. Mrs. Yollis says, "Working alongside parents to bring out the best in their children gives me great satisfaction." She realizes at the end of the day, it's about the children. The parents and teacher must put their differences aside, and work together to pull out the best in their kids.

Mrs. Yollis gives very clear instructions and demonstrates how to leave a comment on her posts/ her children's posts. I think this is great for other children who are interested in leaving comments. She also gives tips on how to add different codes to your blog posts and comments. For example, to bolden a word/phrase, simply put phrase.

Mrs. Yollis seems like a very creative and organized teacher, she knows what she's doing. I really like how her class incorporates other blogs/friends into their blog.


C4K #10
For the last comment, I was assigned to read Jaden's Awesome Blog. He has done a wonderful job of leaving clear, thorough comments on others' comments and blogs.

I read his post Clippers vs. Mavericks. This is what he had to say about the game:
"Last Wednesday, I went to a basketball game. The Los Angeles Clippers played against the Dallas Mavericks. When the first quarter ended the Clippers were winning 28-23. After the first half the Mavericks were winning 48-46. The Mavericks were winning 75-70 after the third quarter. The final score was Mavericks 106, Clippers 100. How many points did each team score in the third quarter? J.J Barea from the Mavericks scored 22 points, grabbed 2 rebounds, had 6 assists, and took away 2 steals. Blake Griffin from the Clippers scored 25 points, grabbed 17 rebounds, got 3 assists, and took away 3 steals."

He, then, had a picture of himself at the game and asked his readers questions. For example, he asked, "Have you ever been to a Clippers game?".

Jaden is a very good, detailed writer. His comments left me wanting to better my comments and replies.

No comments:

Post a Comment