Monday, February 28, 2011

C4T #2 Summary

PLN

Post 1
Speaking of History by Eric Langhorst

In this post, Eric Langhorst discusses "Building Your PLN". This presentation is very helpful. I would recommend this video to EDM newbies. Since students in EDM must create most of these accounts he discusses, it gives you an idea for what each site is for. For example, Skype is "an audio and video conferencing tool".

This video was very informative and helpful. Since I will be a teacher, this gives me new ways and ideas for how to communicate with parents, teachers, and students. Some of the tools presented will also be useful in the classroom. So, thank you to Eric for taking the time to make this presentation.

Social Media

Post 2
Social Media and The History Classroom - 2011 MCSS by Eric Langhorst
My Reply to Eric's Post:
Hey, Eric! I think this was a wonderful video. I always like watching and reading about new ways to incorporate technology into the classroom, specifically Skype and You Tube. I also like seeing the difference between Twitter and Facebook because although Facebook is more personal, Twitter is more professional.
With getting a degree in Education, it is my career goal to teach each subject in its own way, yet incorporating technology. I'm always open for suggestions and new ideas. Thanks for your post!

No comments:

Post a Comment