Thursday, January 20, 2011

Blog Assignment 1

My name is Amanda Spence. I have lived in Mobile, Alabama, my entire life. I attend church at Wilmer First Baptist with my parents weekly. My parents have been married for almost 27 years. I have a 23 year old sister, Rachael. I have been with my high school sweetheart for almost five years. We plan to get married after I graduate.
I am a sophomore at the University of South Alabama, majoring in Elementary Education. Ever since I was little, I've always wanted to be a teacher. I started working at a daycare about two years ago with the elementary school children from across Mobile County and was reassured of this desire. Children are our future, I believe we must truly invest in them. If I can make a difference in the life of even one child, I've lived a life worth living.
In my spare time, I enjoy scrap booking and making crafts. I'm very organized and like to stay ahead of the game. I also like spending time with my family and friends, going to the movies, and in the summer time, going to the beach. Lastly, in 2000, Christ saved me. Although it's not always easy, He gave His life for me so it's highly important that I dedicate my life to Him in return.
That's about all for me! Anything else you want to know, feel free to ask!

3 comments:

  1. Amanda,

    First, I would like to say that I am so happy to hear that you gave your life to Christ back in 2000. I remember when I decided to follow the Lord, and it is the most amazing thing. I also think it is great how much you love your family. From what you have stated, I can tell that you are going to be a great teacher because of the love you have for children. I think it is so important to love our students, and I am sure your students will love you. I just wanted to welcome you to EDM 310, and if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely see students mentioning their relationship with Christ except for the blogs from USA. As a teacher and a youth leader/deacon I appreciate your openness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amanda I'm another Mobile born and raised I attended Mobile Christian. What about you? I think it's great the beliefs you have on children and how they are our future, I couldn't agree more. I think it is very important to inspire children to do great things at early ages. I'm a lot like you in that I'm always really organized maybe even a little OCD. I hope you have a good semester and good luck with everything you do.

    ReplyDelete