Thursday, March 17, 2011

Blog Post #9

Classroom Management


What I've Learned This Year by Mr. McClung

Mr.McClung presents a few simple, yet wise tips for teachers. The one that stuck out the most to me was "Listen to Your Students". Working at a daycare with elementary age children has helped me realize how important this point really is. Children fight and it's vital that you listen to both sides, not just your favorite student. I agree that many teachers are terrified of technology and are holding back their students from learning a tool they will always need. As a future teacher, his post helped me be reassured of a few things. One, I can't stress over a not-so-perfect lesson (which I will). Secondly, listening to your students should be a top priority for every teacher. Lastly, his point "never stop learning" is true. If you choose to be a teacher, then you choose to be a learner. The world/society is changing regularly and it's up to us to teach what's going on. It's never too late or too early to start learning.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you got the cream of what he had to offer. You will learn flexibility if you try-- I am sure. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amanda!
    You and Mr. McClung are right, listening to students should be a top priority. If we don't listen to students how do we know our teaching techniques even work. We won't come close to a perfect lesson if we aren't sure the students are learning.
    Don't beat yourself up too much over mistakes made!
    Good post!

    ReplyDelete